Determining If an Auto Transmission Is Failing
A problem with your car’s transmission should be addressed by a mechanic immediately, as a transmission replacement can be costly and time-consuming. By having automatic transmission repair at the first signs of a problem, you can help your car stay on the road for longer. Watch this video to learn the signs that a transmission may be failing.
To tell if you have a transmission problem, pay attention to the way your car is performing. If it is shifting at different points or acting differently than it usually does, it could be a transmission problem. One of the telltale signs of a bad transmission is delayed engagement. This happens when you put your car into gear, but it takes a few moments for your car to actually move. Transmission fluid that appears dark or burnt can also indicate that you need transmission repair.
If you are unsure about what’s happening with your car, call the mechanics in White Oak at Murray’s Auto Clinic at (240) 450-2478. We offer quality car repairs and outstanding mechanic service.
- The Symptoms of CV Joint Problems and What Happens When CV Joints Fail
- A Closer Look at the Components of an Automatic Transmission
- What Are the Benefits of a Transmission Flush?
- Understanding the Value of Having a 12-Month/12,000 Mile Warranty On Parts and Labor
- How to Know When Your Car’s Brakes are Shot
- Engine Maintenance
- oil change
- Transmission Maintenance/Repair
- Murray's Auto Clinic
- Wheel Alignment
- Brake Maintenance
- Car Suspension Problems
- Winter Driving
- auto maintenance
- fuel economy
- Exhaust Repair
- Checking Oil
- Tire Rotation
- Check Engine Light
- muffler repair
- Car Maintenance Checklist
- Brake Caliper