Five Common Auto Repairs
Car troubles are never fun and rarely expected. We rely so heavily on our vehicles and know so little about them, that when an auto repair is needed, it often turns into a major inconvenience and an incredibly confusing situation.
Being knowledgeable about basic automotive repairs can help keep you up to speed on what is going on with your car when it is in the shop and maybe even save you some money in the long run.
Five of the most common auto repairs are:
- Brake repair. Brake pads routinely wear out and are relatively inexpensive to fix. Discs, drums, and rotors can be a bit more costly, but don’t require as much replacing. Be sure to pay attention to noisy brakes, as these often indicate worn out brake pads.
- Oil changes. These should be a regular part of anyone’s auto maintenance service. Oil changes are a basic part of car care, but a necessity. Check with your auto repair shop to see how often your oil should be changed.
- Engine problems. While an engine problem may sound immediately daunting, many auto repair issues fall under this umbrella. But, as soon as that “check engine” light goes on, go get it checked. Smaller issues can quickly snowball into larger ones if left unchecked.
- Tires. Flat tires, low tire pressure, worn out tires—tires sure seem to take a beating. Luckily, they are a relatively easy and low-cost fix. But don’t let them go ignored; old tires can pose a safety hazard.
- Coolant systems. If kept well-maintained, problems with the radiator can often be avoided. But be sure to be diligent about checking for leaks—if you’re coolant is leaking, be sure to visit an auto repair shop.
With just a little bit of education, automotive repair doesn’t have to be such frightening territory. The friendly team at Murray’s Auto Clinic can help you wade through any and all car troubles. We look forward to helping you with your vehicle, whether it is a basic auto maintenance service or a more complex auto repair.